Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Aveeno oatmeal moisturizing bar review

I liked the idea of washing my face with oatmeal cos it makes it feel soft but it got messy (it would clog my sink) so when I found it in a bar form I bought it. It was under $5. There are only 12 ingredients and I believe that the simpler the better. It claims to moisturize and my skin combination right now. I have dry skin around my cheeks and mouth but an oily T-zone. My pores got really bad too since it's summer and my sunscreen clogs my pores. 
This is my skin before using it. I just ran so It's oily, my make up is a mess but still visible. I am wearing foundation, mascara, and brow powder. 
I haven't been sleeping so my acne is wild. 
My skin condition right now:
-Almost always red
-Pores are noticeable
-Acne prone
-Combination skin type
-Oily sensitive dry 
-Uneven skin tone

After first use:
My face feels clean and not tight! (I didn't put moisturizer on) but it made my face flaky. Some spots on my face are peeling. The smell was like brown rice mixed with clay. You can't smell it on your face tho so it's okay. I did notice it clogged my pores a little. It removed my make up (mascara, eyebrow powder, foundation) my face isn't irritated or red. It didn't sting my eyes or make it blurry(most eye make up remover does that) I didn't have to scrub my face. It was creamy and easy to massage my face with.

I mixed olive oil and sugar. Then I exfoliated my skin to take out the peeling and now when I use this aveeno bar It does not clog my pores anymore. 

Overall-
It's an okay product if you want a gentle/natural cleanser. It doesn't improve anything in my opinion but I will keep using it and update if I see improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment